High Humidity levels in the air cause harm to all types of furniture material, wood, and fabrics being the most at risk from moisture. Wood expands in humid conditions which leads to cracking. Once significant deterioration and the entire piece of furniture is now irreparable.
Moisture is one of the biggest enemies of wood. Creaking furniture, smelly cupboards, or damp sofas are all the victims of moisture in the air. This is because of the humidity levels during the rainy season. Moisture often leads to the growth of fungal ecosystems which weakens and decreases the life of your furniture. New fads in interior designing sometimes have the entire interior of the room in wooden material which obviously has an elegant look but maintaining wooden interiors with high humidity is an elephant task.
These are some of the tips and tricks one can use to control Moisture and fight humidity and add more life to your furniture.
- Using waterproof plywood and adhesive in furniture.
- Cleaning your floors every day with phenyl or any such disinfectant in order to fight moisture and humidity in the room.
- Warp in hardwood floors are due to the presence of moisture, you can wax or polish your wooden flooring from time to time to avoid warping
- Installing Dehumidifiers in rooms where significant pieces of furniture exist.
- Using Portable Dehumidifiers that can be moved when needed
- Using Mini or closet dehumidifiers for Wardrobes and Almirahs
With the advent of technology, we can fight rising humidity and moisture in order to protect our furniture and valuables, which not only will increase the life of the furniture but will also uphold its value.